In today's society procrastination has become a past-time. Everyday I come in contact with people who have put off their homework, bills, or responsibilities to the very last minute, only to create more stress then they had in the first place. So today I'm going to show you 5 ways to rid yourselves of procrastination and instead replace it with determination.
1. Keep a chronological list of your to-do's
- This way you can accomplish your tasks in the order they need to be done, so nothing gets put to the side and forgotten about.
2. Finish tasks ASAP
- As soon as you acquire a project, try your hardest to get it done when ever free time is available. That way you find yourself finishing your projects quicker and in a more efficient manner.
3. Keep a positive mindset
-Always think that the sooner you accomplish something the sooner you have time to do what you want. This is a built-in incentive, and it works every time.
4. Reminders, reminders, reminders
-In the crazy world that we live in it's easy to forget the smallest thing. So write on sticky notes, put reminders on your phone, write on your forehead if that's what it takes to remind you to finish your tasks.
5. Don't be too hard on yourself
-The harder you are on yourself to get everything done, the more likely you are to push it off to the side. Take a deep breath and relax. And remember that even the most accomplished people in the world have bad days.
Hopefully this list helped you in some way, and maybe just maybe took you one step closer to kicking your habit of procrastination. Just start incorporating these ideas into your everyday life and soon you'll see the difference they really do make.