In this day and age, I feel like I get so caught up in the frivolous things of this world that I lose touch with my faith and God. So lately, I've been trying my hardest to not do that anymore. And rather make time for God and His Word. So I've compiled a list of easy things that you can incorporate into your daily routine to stay in the Word and strengthen your relationship with God.
1. Bible/Devotional Apps. Most people now a days are addicted to their cell phones (myself included), so why not use them for the betterment of our spiritual health? Instead of checking your twitter feed, read a daily passage or devotion and really think about what it means to you.
2. Write bible passages on sticky notes. Everyday before you leave for work or school, write down your favorite bible passage on a sticky note and put it in your pocket. Then throughout the day when your reaching for cash, chapstick etc. you'll feel that sticky note and it will remind you of the passage you wrote and its meaning. I learned this one from one of my teachers. I have yet to start doing this, but I honestly think this is a great idea!
3. PRAY. Morning, noon, and night. At school, in the car, at work. Before bed and after you wake up. Some people are led to believe that praying only "works" if you're kneeling, with eyes closed, and hands folded. However, that is not true. You can pray in your head, you can pray out loud. It doesn't matter, because God will hear you. Praying should be an ongoing conversation with God. It's your way to talk to him. And the Bible is His way of talking to you. Which leads us to.....
4. Read Your Bible. Now this is probably a no brainer, but I think all of us need the reminder. The Bible is God's Word, and even if you read a passage millions of times there is still more and more to learn. Never forget that. If you read the whole bible cover to cover, you're not done. Because every single time you read it, different passages have whole new meanings.
5. Listen to sermons on the radio/online. There are so many Christian radio stations/websites out there that provide tools in which you can listen to your favorite pastor whenever you want to. Whether you're in your car, on a jog, or hanging around the house, these sermons are just a click away.
~Your word is a lamp unto my feet, and light for my path.~ Psalms 119:105